9/18/2013

Pattern testers needed for my new knitting pattern!

Well guys, I did it! I learned how to knit in 2009 and since then it's been an interesting ride. I made my first knitted piece, a sweater, in one month for Me-Made-May. In between then and now I've made a few cute knitted pieces like these, and one sock (the second one is coming, I swear), and I've written one simple cowl pattern which I posted here for free. And now I've gotten confident enough with my knitting skills to create a little baby cardigan pattern!

This newborn-size sweater (With real vintage buttons!) is made from Madelinetosh's Tosh Merino Light in Badlands. It's a fingering-weight superwash yarn and I love it so much! Johnny got me a gift certificate to one of my favorite local yarn shops and he helped me pick this one out with our hypothetical someday baby in mind. He also helped me look for a pattern, but we couldn't find one that had all the elements we wanted. The vision was for this to look like a little old man's sweater. The rolled collar, raglan sleeves, and three buttons were key.

I decided it was high time that I tried to create a more complicated knitting pattern and I'm over the moon with how it turned out. I was inspired my many different sweaters I found online, but most were in a heavier yarn, so a lot of guesswork went into most of this. I'm hoping to sell this pattern in my etsy shop soon.

 But first I'm going to need a couple pattern testers! Yup, you can get a free copy of my rough draft of the pattern so long as you promise to give me feedback on my clarity and tell me about any mistakes you may find.


Just leave a comment on this post if you're interested and I'll choose a couple people this time next week! And thanks in advance for the help! Also, my Fancy Friday giveaway is running through the end of the month so be sure to go leave a comment there too!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new pattern. I am a beginner knitter ( I have knitted straight and ruffled scarves, hats, and a couple of basic pullover kid sweaters). Please consider me to be one of your pattern testers.

    CraftingInCalifornia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cardigan!!! Baby clothes are the best, so cute and tiny. If you are still in need of pattern testers I would love to help out! I am considered an advanced knitter (although obviously a boring one as I have never attempted my own sweater pattern!!!). Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry i don't knit :(
    but this sure is cute !

    ReplyDelete