1/29/2012

She's here... And already a big help!

Remember, like, oh I don't know, a couple years ago when I completed the Me Made May challenge? For those of you that weren't around, I wore nothing but clothing I made myself for a whole month, and I knitted a sweater during that time too, and I promised myself that if I completed the challenge and finished the sweater that I would buy myself a dressmaker's dummy. Well, not to soon after I completed the challenge I got a huge car repair bill that I'm still kind of recovering from, and the dummy fell by the wayside. But recently I have been wanting it more and more and Singer just came out with one that's about half the cost of the one I was looking at, so while dad got me my camera lens for Christmas, mom got me the dummy!


Ain't she a beaut! I have a bunch of custom projects that need doing from etsy and friends, but now all I want to do is sew a dress! But that will have to wait. I bought the dummy that does sizes from 10-16, and though I waver between a 14 and a 16 it seems a little small even on the largest settings, so I think I will have to add some extra batting in certain places (aka the bust line and butt) to make it more like me. So until I get some more free time (as always), she's been an excellent model for the new round of infinity scarves I just put in the shop, just in time for spring! Click on the pics to go to the listings and be sure to look in the store for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment