7/08/2009

It's getting steamy in here...

Steampunk-y that is! Angela, Dennis, and I are on our way to becoming full-fledged steam punks! Dennis and I bought Nerf Maverick guns and will someday take the time to paint them up all steampunky. Costume designs are being drawn up, and we're trying to use things we already have to construct them. We're starting small, with Angela and me doing a few accessories:


We made this awesome necklace together from an old single broken earring and some chain she had lying around, and a bunch of watch parts my father gave me. He repairs watches for a living so I don't think I'll have any trouble getting my hands on gears for our projects. He sent me 3 old cigarette tins filled with tons of parts. I think the tins are just as cool as what's inside! In return I am sifting out all the minuscule screws to send back to him, as fair a trade as any if you ask me. There will definitely be more jewelry pieces in the coming months, we both adore this one and can't wait to make more. In addition to the jewelry, I have been working on some fabric wrist cuffs and bracelets as well:


I crocheted these ones from some old cotton and added vintage buttons for the closures. I was inspired by one I saw online, and of course now I can't remember where I found it! Durp. If anyone knows please let me know so I can give her credit. It's one of the blogs on my blog roll for sure.
I love how versatile these little snowflake-esque pieces are. You can wear them with the button facing a number of different directions to give you a number of different looks. Dennis helped me stitch the buttons on. *Dreamy sigh*. I made five altogether, one for me, one for Angela, and three for the etsy store. They'll be up in a week or so. And these are just the very beginning, there's much, much more to come, oh yes...


*Don't forget to leave a comment anywhere on my blog this month to be entered in my 4th blogiversary giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:12 AM

    that bracelet is adorable! i can't wait to see more.
    -alexis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:36 PM

    nice work..m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chase!
    I LOVE your latest creations! And your garden is amazing. Thanks so much for your kind words on my site, and I'll keep you updated on the yarn :).
    xoxo,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete