7/19/2013

Fancy Friday #6

Ah Fancy Friday. This week I had the urge to do some gardening on Friday, so my outfit turned out to have a very flower-child vibe to me.

Super posh gardening gloves no? They're actually jersey over-the-elbow gloves I bought from Daiso for $1.50 (Everything in Daiso is $1.50, you should check them out!), and I just scrunched them down.

 I wanted to go a little more natural with the makeup, while still keeping the hippy vibe, so I got some white eyeliner and lined the inner rims of my eyes, then used dark brown liner and mascara and swept on a little copper on my lids. A slightly darker powder and a bronzier blush helped keep the palette neutral, and the Revlon lip stain is a nude-pink called Honey.

 Accessories! The hat is my all-time favorite sunhat, found at Target ages ago. I added the sheer pink ribbon. I left my hair to dry naturally after adding a little leave-in conditioner and scrunching it to increase the waviness. The single braid is held with a feathery elastic I made. 
You can barely see it peeking out, but I have my Son of a Sailor drop necklace on, on top of which is that cool chevron-inspired piece from American Eagle Outfitters. The pin is antique gold and smoky topaz given to me recently by my mom.

 The dress is a wool/cotton blend from target and came with the braided belt. Pale grey tights also from Target.

 The native inspired suede booties are by Dolce Vita, and I added the lace socks to tie in with the black gloves.

All and all, I loved this look. It was comfy to garden in and when we went to see a movie later that night I definitely got some looks. Till next week!

1 comment:

  1. you look so pretty and your make up is perfect... I love it

    ReplyDelete