11/02/2008

Happy Halloween!

I have a large collection of paper buckets, but I never could afford the antique ones. The large cat and devil are handmade by my mother and me. We used strips of brown craft paper dipped in liquid starch and layered them around balloons. Then we cut holes for the eyes and mouths and painted details on construction paper inserts. The designs are based on some of our favorite antique ones. Cheesecloth adds a spooky touch.
The kitchen looked really cute this year with little vignettes on the built-ins.
It was Dennis' idea to put the big spider behind the TV. I really like the way he looks and don't really want to take him down.
While visiting my parents we went to San Luis Obispo and there was this eight foot tall lego storm trooper walking around downtown. It was so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment