4/20/2007

At Long Last!

Huzzah! It's finally done! This is the "Strawberries and Vanilla Bean Cream" bag that I have been woking on for over a month, and that's not due to my penchant for procrastination. It's huge - monstrous, even - big enough to hold about 10 Martha Stewart Living Magazines. But of course, I meant for it to be that way.

I designed it as a magazine/crochet project tote, so I made sure it was plenty wide enough and that the white part was as tall as a MSL magazine. It's all done in single crochet, and could probably stop a bullet if you wore it under your shirt. But it's made from organic unbleached and organic red 100% cotton yarn, so it's nice and supple-soft while still being durable (And the unbleached yarn still has little flecks of cotton seed in it, hence the "vanilla bean" cream). I also wanted to make sure it has a strong enough structure to hold the weight of all those magazines, so I made it a slit-handled bag. And to top it all off, I lined it with some of that cute strawberry patterned japanese fabric I got awhile back (I had to hand-sew it in and it came out just perfect!), and then I sewed in my first ever "oh the cuteness!" tag!
I feel so spiffy right now because it turned out just the way I wanted it to. But it was a rediculous ammount of work just to make a magazine tote, so I doubt I'll ever make one quite as large again... Eh, maybe I will, it sure turned out nice. It's going into the store tomorrow morning, and I sure hope someone loves it as much as I do! *Crosses fingers.*

No comments:

Post a Comment