5/23/2008

WIP Weekend!

So for anyone who doesn't know, I kind of have a thing for guys in scarves. Seriously though, even if a man isn't that attractive to me, I'll deffinately give him another look if he happens to be wearing a scarf. Rrrowl... Anywho. *Ahem* Also, for those of you who don't know, I've got a new beau named Dennis and he's a real sweetie. But, he said the only way I could get him to wear a scarf is if it has manly skulls on it. And so, I present the manly skull scarf:
I think that's plenty manly enough, yes? It's only half done right now, I still have to do the skull on the other end. It's made from Caron Simply Soft in black and white, but I think a girl's version would be great with a hot pink skull. I got the rough shape from the skull potholders in Stitch N' Bitch the Happy Hooker, but since they were in single crochet I had to change them a lot since the scarf is half double crochet and it would have turned out huge if I had just used their pattern. I was going to post the pattern/diagram on here but my bosses at ArtFibers are interested in using my pattern for a kit, so keep on the look out for it in the future!

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome!

    That's exciting that your boss wants to use it for a kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:29 PM

    I WANT THIS WRAPPED AROUND MY NECK A.S.A.P.

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, can you post some more pictures so I can see what the scarf part looks like? I'm only seeing what looks like an over-the-face beanie. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete