8/08/2007

Yarn is my life...

I'm back! Where have I been, you might ask? Well, for starters I got a full time job this summer at a little company called ArtFibers. Yup, the ArtFibers (www.artfibers.com). I've got an apprentice position at the dyeworks, and it is absolutely the best job ever! I work with 4 of the nicest, coolest people ever and I'm dying some of the most beautiful yarns in the world all day long. Their shop is in San Francisco on Sutter street, only a block away from the Montgomery street BART station. It's up on the 2nd floor of a great building, and the setup encourages you to sit a spell and swatch some yarns. I love going there, I only wish I had more time to sit and chat with people and see how much they love all the yarn we dye. I work over in Vallejo, which is pretty darn far from Hayward, and even though I take BART 1/2 way and then carpool with 2 people I still have to leave the house at 7:30 in the morning to be to work by 9:00. But it is SO worth it! I get all the scrappy bits to take home:to add to my neverending blanket project (more details later). I get a discount on the yarns we sell, so needless to say I have a few wips going on all the time (more details on those later too). I'm finally starting to get used to the schedule, figuring out how to get things done in the few hours I have to myself each night, so I finally have some time to start blogging again. Etsy, though, is still on hold until the school year starts and I've got some weekday mornings to list items. So, basically I've been crocheting like mad and I've taken up spinning yarn as well:and hopefully some of my finished projects will be in the etsy shop come fall. I promise I'll try to post as much as possible, feel free to yell at me if I don't do it enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment