7/29/2009

Crocheted Basket - Quick Mini Version


For those of you who would like to make one of the little fast baskets but don't need the entire tutorial, here is the pattern, plain and simple. This is also good to look at after you have completed the tutorial, so you can see what a pattern for in-the-round crochet looks like.

Materials:
H hook (5.0mm)
Ball of Sugar and Cream worsted weight cotton yarn in Natural
A small amount of colored yarn or hemp twine for the stripe

Abbreviations:
st - stitch
slst - slip stitch
ch - chain
dc - double crochet

Round 1: Begin with the adjustable loop in the natural yarn. Ch 2 (counts as first dc), and crochet 11 more dc into the loop. Join to beginning ch with a slst. (12 dc)
Round 2: Ch 2. 2 dc in each stitch around, join with a slst. (24 dc)
Round 3: Ch 2. *1 dc in next st, 2dc in next. Repeat from * around, join with a slst. (36 dc)
Round 4: Ch 2. *1 dc in next 2 st, 2 dc in next. Repeat from * around, join with a slst. (48 dc)
Round 5: Ch 2. *1 dc in next 3 st, 2 dc in next. Repeat from * around, join with a slst. (60 dc)
Round 6: Ch 2, *1 dc in next 4 st, 2 dc in next. Repeat from * around, join with a sl st. (72 dc)
Round 7: Ch 2, *1 dc in next 5 st, 2 dc in next. Repeat from * around, join with a sl st. (84 dc)
Rounds 8-9: Ch 2, 1 dc in each st around, join with a slst.
Round 10: Switch to accent color yarn and repeat round 9.
Rounds 11-14: Switch back to natural yarn and repeat round 9.
Bind off and weave in ends, turn down edge of basket and voila!


If you have found this or any of my other free patterns useful and would like to help me keep creating them I accept PayPal donations!

16 comments:

  1. I love this! Don't know if I will actually make it but I'll definitely send the link to my kids with unsubtle hints for Christmas giving!!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pattern and the amazingly detailed tutorial. Yours are sooo easy to follow. Your flower brooch was the first crochet item I ever made that wasn't square! I will totally make these baskets...just not sure what for yet.

    On another note, you've blogged a lot about making and preserving edibles from your backyard...I have a tree that is producing mini plums like crazy - any ideas or recipes you'd suggest?

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome!thanks for sharing this cute project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These baskets are fabulous! I am a 'basket' person anyway, so I can already think of hundreds of uses for these. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome pattern and tutorial. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mini baskets are so cute. I have to try to make one soon.. Thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  6. blisscrochets9:35 AM

    Can you upload this one to Ravelry please? Or can I? I'm making one now and I'd like to add it to my queue.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:40 AM

    Thanks, I love this. Could you tell me the dimensions for it though? I don't want to make it and then end up too big/small for what i need to use it for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this pattern. I make stuff for the women in my family for Christmas gifts and this looks like the perfect thing. I'm also going to make the coffee cup cozies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:05 PM

    Thank you for this pattern! As a beginner I was getting very disheartened with crochet and this pattern has kept me going! So pleased to discover the "adjustable loop" - it is a brilliant thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:50 PM

    Hello all - I am a recently registered member on this board so I would say I ought to mention a couple things about myself. Well, I am 27 years of age, female, plus I enjoy studying german in my college. I sincerely look forward talking with you people. Arrivederci for now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:04 AM

    Your weblog seems extraordinary - done with superb contents.. with so on. I expect you possibly will develop yet even greater article with putting in selected videos plus photos. I hope this is a fine style to disclose it. Despite the fact that I have made note of your address in my favorites . Many thanks.

    As a final note , allow me thank you for your understanding with my English as (I'm certain you have figured this at this time ,), English is not my mother tongue hence I am utilizing Google Translate to build out how to record what I sincerely wish to state.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the nice tutorial-especially the magic ring part. I just made this basket and placed it on the coffee table. Of course the husband and kids thought it hilarious that it doubled for a hat- mine wasn't so mini but perfect for what I wanted it for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this nice pattern.
    I hope its ok that i have link to you from my own blog, where i have use you pattern :)

    PS: Sry for my English, im not that good to it..

    ReplyDelete
  14. What size does this come out?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these baskets! I must go watch some YouTube videos and learn how to both crochet and knit. I have five daughters that I would like to teach as well; I believe this is a valuable skill. Thanks!
    PS- do you have a video teaching the basics? I have no idea how to do this and am lost even with the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you for your basket pattern. i mad some changes to it to make it mine. like at row 8 i do a fplo or a bplo and at 12 i decrease after 10sts and 13 decrease after 5sts. 14 and15 i make a design the do row 9 and row 10 i add handles and another row 9
    thak you very much

    ReplyDelete