7/15/2009

Amigurumi Acorns Pattern!

You may remember these guys fom a very, very long time ago. I had the pattern up here and then I took it off for, shall we say, personal reasons. But what they hey I am putting it back up here to stay. Feel free to do whatever you like with this pattern, so long as you give credit where credit is due. I would love to see pics if anyone makes some! I am going to start making some more without faces until fall arrives and then I will put them in a bowl with some leaves as a centerpiece. Also, I will be putting one of each of these in the prize baskets for my blogiversary. Don't forget to leave a comment to be enterd in the prize drawing, and have fun!

Amigurumi Acorns:

Small amounts of green, light brown, and dark brown worsted weight yarn
Size US G6/4.00mm hook
Scraps of dark brown embroidery thread (if you want faces)
Small amount of fiberfill

For the fat brown variety:
Rnd 1: Start with an adjustable ring in the light brown yarn, and crochet 4 sc into the ring, pull tight and join with a slst.
Rnds 2-4: *sc in next sc, 2 sc in next* repeat from * around, ending up with 6 sts in rnd 2, 9 sts in rnd 3, and 13 sts in rnd 4.
Rnds 5-7: Sc in each sc around. (13 sts)
Rnd 8: Switch to the dark brown yarn and crochet 2 sc in each sc around. (26 sts)
Rnd 9: *sc in next sc, decrease in next* repeat from * around. (13 sts) Now is a good time to start stuffing.
Rnds 10-12: Continue to decrease every other stitch, ending up with 9 sts in rnd 10, 6 sts in rnd 11, and 3 sts in rnd 12. The stem should be naturally formed by rnd 12.
Bind off, weave in end, and embroider a cute little face!

For the skinny green variety:
Rnd 1: Start with an adjustable ring in the green yarn, and crochet 6 sc into the ring, pull tight and join with a slst.
Rnd 2: *sc in next sc, 2 sc in next* repeat from * around. (9 sts)
Rnd 3: *sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next* repeat from * around. (12 sts)
Rnds 4-6: sc in each sc around. (12 sts)
Rnd 7: Switch to the dark brown yarn, and crochet 2 sc in each sc around. (24 sts)
Rnd 8: *sc in next sc, decrease in next* repeat from * around. (12 sts) Start stuffing.
Rnds 9-11: Continue to decrease every other stitch, ending up with 9 sts in rnd 9, 6 sts in rnd 10, and 3 sts in rnd 11. The stem should be naturally formed by rnd 11.
Bind off, weave in end, and embroider a cute little face!



If you have found this or any of my other free patterns useful and would like to help me keep creating them I accept PayPal donations!

9 comments:

  1. Acorns are one of my favorite things in the world...and these are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:35 PM

    wonderful share, great article, very usefull for me...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:38 PM

    Great article. Thank you for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:57 PM

    Being a fresh blogger I discovered this informative article extremely useful, thank you for writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:54 PM

    Incredible everyone!! This is just about the most interesting write-up My spouse and i ever discovered! Very beneficial. Continue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:55 AM

    Wonderful submit with plenty of great written content! I suppose you're on the correct way. Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:59 AM

    I think you will want to get a twitter icon to your blog. Just bookmarked this url, but I must complete it manually. Just my advice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:02 PM

    hello - re your "polar post" thursday evening please send me an email and i will get back onto you im sure these do simmilar ones
    ta
    jamie dentims

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Just as a heads-up: There's an error in your pattern. *SC in next stitch, dec next sc* does not reduce 24 stitches down to 12. To do that, you'd need to dec every stitch, instead.

    This is a wonderful pattern! I love my little acorns, thank you so much for pointing the way!

    ReplyDelete