3/14/2012

Lake Date!


Dennis and I had a little date at the lake, going to the new Oaktown Spice Shop (love love love), and grabbing some Ethiopian food for lunch. I brought the camera along and let (okay, begged) Dennis to play around with my fancy new lens and snap some pics of my fancy pants outfit. (My friend Vanessa says if I get more colored jeans my new nickname will be fancypants. Swoon!) I must say he took some good ones!








Pants from the Gap, shoes from Urban, purse was second-hand from a Crossroads in Berkeley. Shirt and tank from Target, Necklaces and rings are all handmade from various local places, watch from Anthropologie, and bracelets were a gift from my mom. The knitting needles in my hair are vintage acrylic.  ^_~

Oh! By the way, I figured out how to put my hair up with those knitting needles from a pic I found on Pinterest. I'm so terrible with hair, so if I can do it, anyone can. Here's the link: http://pinterest.com/pin/147000375307048558/

7 comments:

  1. Love the bright pants! I wish I were so bold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these! Delicious food and cute outfits-I'll go along with fancy pants!
    Your shoes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures turned out wonderful - it looks like you guys had a great time! You look so cute, that Chihuahua ring is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! I love the knitting needles in your hair =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww you guys are too sweet! I'll have to do these fashion posts more often lol! I finally feel, for the first time in my life, that I've found a very trendy fashion aesthetic that I can really get behind. I've never been "fashionable", never even owned a pair of jeans till high school. I'm just so happy to feel cool and confident about my clothes, and I hope the hipster style will stick around for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture with the Grand Lake Theater behind you. And coloured pants are key this season; go cheap and get them from Old Navy or Forever 21 and get a bunch cause God knows if we wear them next season they'll probably be out of style and we'll all be made fun of. Let's enjoy them while we can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! Target has great ones right now for 23 bucks, but when I went they only had teeny tiny sizes left. Nooo! I hope this style doesn't end too soon, because I want to keep dressing like this, I love it! Also, why can we wear bright skirts but pants are considered more "out there"?

    ReplyDelete