5/25/2012

My Newest Gig

So in this post I told you all about how I've been helping out over at World's Smallest Post Service as a part-time job. Well, Lea had some friends in San Francisco who were looking for my kind of help, and since she hasn't had a ton of extra work for me recently she sent me their way. Best. Idea. Ever.


That's Gabe and Cat, the masterminds behind one of the coolest companies I've ever worked for, Woodcut Maps. We make beautiful wooden map art for people. Gabe developed a great piece of software that lets you make custom maps on their website, then we have them laser cut and we assemble them. It's amazingly fun, and extremely gratifying. Seriously, if you go play with their website I guarantee you're going to want one. Here's one I made of Oakland that I want to buy:


And this is Katie, the map-making guru who taught me the process:


She's showing off how we make the maps at Maker Faire (more photos from that in the next post). Our booth won an editor's choice award which is pretty cool.

Anywho, I know I've been a little absent from crafting lately, but I've been working a ton out in the city. But never fear! I've got two craft fairs coming up in June, plus a fiber festival in July, so hopefully I'll be cranking stuff out very, very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:12 AM

    great work ! thanks for the card!

    ReplyDelete