10/22/2012

Halloween is here!

You all know how much I love Halloween (you can see my crazy party from last year here), and my new fella loves it just as much as I do. He decks out his house inside and out for all the trick-or-treaters and has invited me to be a part of his big production this year. My house, unfortunately, never gets many trick-or-treaters, but I still like to do up the yard real-creepy-like, if only for my own amusement. And this year I've added some lighting so hopefully people will notice the decorations as they drive by at night and bring their kids by since my new roommate will be home to give out the candy, and our neighbors will too. I picked up these great zombie lawn flamingos at Spirit this year, and I have a zombie lawn gnome coming soon. I have a feeling these will be left up all year...


Caution tape, spiderwebs, sparkly chains, and various signs and tombstones will hopefully entice trick-or-treaters.


And every good Halloween display, for me anyhow, needs to have a graveyard and zombies. I've been slowly gathering tombstones, picking them up for 1/2 off the day after. Soon I hope I will have a really large grouping. Also, I've had that skull mask since I was really little!


But the star of the show, of course, is Wolfie, who was reading in my bed last year and is now snacking on an unsuspecting passerby on the front lawn. He looks really great at night with the green light on him, which also shines splotches on the upper part of our house and looks spooky, and I have little LED candles lighting the flamingos and tombstones, plus two black lights behind the blinds in the second photo for an ominous glow.


This year I have a few parties to attend and will probably wear the good old tail, ears, and fangs for my cat costume, but on the actual holiday my new beau is going to be the Mad Hatter (his house is done up in a sort of dark wonderland theme and gets more elaborate each year, and he used to do a lot of drama so he has a great character for the kids), and I'm going to be the March Hare. I've got a couple summer-catch-up posts that have some creep factor all their own, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:51 AM

    Your yard looks like it wil be REALLY spooky at night...fun ,fun ,fun :)

    ReplyDelete