So here's my pattern, original and fairly simple:
Remenent of worsted-weight handspun style yarn
Siza US I9 crochet hook
Felt that matches button
Metal barette or pinback
1. Begin with an adjustable ring. Crochet 10 single crochet (sc) into the ring, tighten, and join with a slip stitch (slst). (10 sc)
2. Work 2 sc in each sc around, join with a slst. (20 sc)
3. Now for the petals: *chain (ch) 1, skip one sc and crochet 5 double crochet (dc) into next sc. Ch 1, skip 1, and slst into the next sc*. Repeat from * around. (Should end up with 5 petals.)
4. Cut free and weave ends to the back of the flower's center, but leave them dangling.
5. Again, form an adjustable loop and crochet 5 sc into the ring. (5 sc)
6. Work 2 sc in each sc around. (10 sc)
7. Do the same thing as in step 3, but you should only end up with 3 petals.
8. Repeat step 4, then thread the smaller flower's dangling yarn through the center of the large one and tie the ends together. This will help them to stay in place while you sew on the button and give the finished flower extra strength.
9. Stitch a button in the center of the flower, a circle of felt on the back, and add a pinback or barette. Done!
If you have found this or any of my other free patterns useful and would like to help me keep creating them I accept PayPal donations!