12/23/2013

Merry Christmas! A cozy little Christmas home tour for you all!

Hi everyone! Well, once again the holiday season has thoroughly kicked my butt, but this year I kicked some right back! I know I haven't updated the blog in a good while except to advertise sales and such (Although if you follow my instagram @ohthecuteness then you've seen what I've been up to!), but I have some fun new tutorials and crochet patterns coming up in the new year! Also all of the craft fairs I did this year went so well that I didn't have much left over to list online, which totally blew me away! As soon as Halloween rolled around Johnny and I were so consumed by decorating that I didn't get to post anything, and as soon as Halloween came down Christmas went up, and by then I was consumed with making things for the holiday fairs as well as family functions. I've really been enjoying the lull for the past week and found time to take some nice photos of the house all decked out for Christmas. I think I might keep the photos of Halloween till next year, what do you guys think? Anywho, happy holidays, and you can see the entire set of photos on my flickr set.

Here's the dining room! There's a sideboard full of elves to the left and a mini tree with bubble lights to the right, which you can see on flickr.


I'm obsessed with tiny houses all year round, so I love getting to display them at Christmas!

And here's the big tree, It's 10 ft tall!Johnny said his family always put stuffed animals on the stairs, so we did it this year. And the popcorn garland on the tree is from last year's little tree at my old apartment; it held up great just stored in a plastic bag! To the left there's a giant plaster snowman and a Santa to the right shown on my flickr.

Johnny's mom gave him a big collection of these little poseable elves, so we decided to hide them around the house doing various things. This guy's my favorite, he just looks like something right out of a Wes Andersen movie!

I also totally love this guy hanging from our garland. Amazing what a little fishing line can do. There's more of them hiding around, and you can see the photos of them on the flickr set.

And here's our little tree in the family room, it's my favorite! I put all my handmade ornaments on it, whether they were made by me, mom, or my friends, and johnny put his keepsake ones on too. We love sitting on the couch with a fire going while watching Christmas movies!

Here's the view from the back of our tree into the sitting room. The giant sleigh & deer were a gift from Johnny's parents & they light up and move! To the right is our china hutch which we filled with a slew of Christmas collectibles, which you an see on the flickr set too. Hope you enjoyed the tour, and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Love the decorating. Especially the Putz houses! Glad to know I am not the only one who loves miniature houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned a couple of these pics to my pintrest winter board ...
    very pretty , thanks!

    ReplyDelete