6/26/2009

What's on my plate:

I noticed this morning that one of my little felt mushrooms made it into a really cute treasury on etsy. I hope it makes it to the front page!
In other news, a very dear friend of mine has announced that she's preggers! You know what that means, don't you? I have a perfect excuse to sew a ton of adorable baby stuff! And she doesn't know whether it is a boy or a girl quite yet so I get to make both, just in case. She's been coming to the stitch group the past couple weeks and ever since Tuesday I have been sewing non-stop. Currently sitting on my craft table are:


A stack of bibs that just need ironing and their snaps hammered on, which I can't do because it's the middle of the night! I was going to use the lovely free pattern over at Chickpea Sewing Studio, but I knew I would want to sell some on my etsy store so I drafted my own instead. They come in sets of two, and as soon as my friend picks her favorites the rest will be for sale in the shop! I think it will be in about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm sure I will be sewing a bunch more, the pattern I made is really fun to do!


An actual quilt, completely cut out and already being sewn together (more on that one later for sure)!


Bunting! Well, it will be bunting soon. I have a lot of things in mind for by big stash of 1930's reproduction fabrics, and this is one of them. I will make a couple different versions for sure. A couple of quilts are planned for the rest of the stash.

All of these things I have in mind are simple patterns I made up, and I am toying with the idea of making more patterns and incorporating them into a book. But the thought of actually writing a craft book is a very daunting one, and I don't even know where to begin! But I feel like now is my chance, and I really seriously want to do this! So any advice you guys could give me would be very appreciated. I suppose I should e-mail a couple of the publishing companies who put out the craft books I swear by and request some information, yes? I will keep you posted, and thanks in advance for any advice!

*Also, I went to Whole Foods tonight and noticed that they were selling plain organic cotton jelly straining bags for $6. And while they're not as cute as mine, I need to keep prices competitive so I have lowered mine to $6 as well. Whoops! I made them $10 because Farmer Joe's (no, not Trader Joe's) was selling them for that. At least now I know! Lol.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, such cute bibs! And thanks for sharing the link to that free pattern anyways, I can already see that it would make a fantastic gift for a number of little ones I know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty exciting to hear you mention writing a book. I would totally get in line to buy a copy because I love all the stuff in your shops and on your blog. Yours was the first craft blog I ever surfed and it's still my favorite out of all the ones I've seen since. My favorite thing about your blog is the variety: good crafts, good recipes, good tips, good photos - just a little bit of everything; updated often and never boring. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:50 PM

    i agree! m :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:55 PM

    hi, good site very much appreciatted

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Someone essentially lend a hand to make significantly posts I'd state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and so far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular submit extraordinary. Magnificent job!
    Great site. A lot of helpful info here. I am sending it to a few pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks for your sweat!
    hi!,I love your writing very much! share we keep up a correspondence more about your article on AOL? I need an expert in this area to solve my problem. Maybe that is you! Having a look forward to look you.

    ReplyDelete